Watch our one-hour webinars, discussing best practice participation examples, guidance and tips for professionals involved in the design and delivery of children and young people's mental health services.
Introduction to Parent and Carer Participation
This one-hour webinar is aimed at professionals involved in the design and delivery of children and young people's mental health services, including:
- Participation leads;
- Children and young people's mental health clinicians and support workers;
- Children and young people's mental health service managers;
- NHS or local authority children and young people's mental health commissioners.
It will provide guidance and tips on how to develop a participation strategy with and for parents and carers of young people accessing mental health services. It will also talk through best practice examples, and challenges and opportunities to consider.
If you want to know more about parent and carer participation, Amplified has published a supporting toolkit on the topic.
The model of the engagement process presented in this webinar was developed by The Kaizen Partnership.
Participation in Governance
This 90 minute webinar is aimed at senior leaders and trustees/board officers working in youth mental health organisations who would like to effectively integrate children and young people into the strategic planning and leadership of their organisation.
The objectives of the webinar are:
- For participants to identify the dual benefit of and the role for CYP in their organisation’s leadership
- For participants to clarify their starting point, opportunities and limitations to CYP’s participation in governance in their organisation
- For participants to learn about a range of participatory governance models and to identify which one best suits their situation
- For participants to understand the steps they can follow to develop participatory governance in their organisation