For the oats:
- 250g porridge oats
- Zest of ½ a lemon
- 125g unsalted butter, softened
- 125g soft brown sugar
- 3 tbsp golden syrup
- 2 tsp ready made lemon curd
For the drizzle:
- 50g white chocolate, chips or chopped
- 1 small pinch ground turmeric
- 1 tsp greek yoghurt
- Pre heat the oven to 200C/180C/Gas Mark 6. Line a cupcake tin with foiled cupcake cases.
- Put the oats in a large mixing bowl along with the lemon zest and give it a good mix around.
- Add the butter, sugar and golden syrup to a small saucepan and place on a medium heat and allow everything to melt. Once the sugar is no longer granular, take off the heat.
- Pour the wet mixture into the oats and stir till there are no more dry bits and everything is well coated.
- Add a tbsp of the mixture to each of the cases and flatten using the back or a spoon, so the mix is tightly compact.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes. Once they are out and still hot use the back of a small teaspoon to create a small indent, a cavity for the curd to sit in.
- Now add half a teaspoon of curd to each little cavity.
- Take the remainder of the oat mixture and divide between the cases.
- Bake for another 5 minutes and leave them to cool in the tin while you make the drizzle.
- Melt the chocolate in a small microwaveable bowl. Add the turmeric and stir through. Add the yoghurt and mix well. Transfer to a small piping back or ziplock back and snip off the end.
- Drizzle over the oats and leave to cool in the tin for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Download the recipe
Download and print the recipe, so you can have it to hand anytime you're baking in the kitchen!