Captain Tom 100
Join us on Friday 30 April - Monday 3 May for a special weekend of fundraising with the Captain Tom Foundation, to celebrate the life and legacy of Sir Captain Tom and raise vital funds for young people's mental health.
What's Captain Tom 100?
Friday 30 April 2021 would have been Captain Sir Tom Moore’s 101st birthday. A milestone in itself, that weekend also marks the one year anniversary of the celebrations following the end of his famous 100 laps of his garden! Captain Tom raised an incredible £38.9 million for the NHS Covid-19 appeal.
His simple message of hope – “Tomorrow will be a good day” – inspired millions around the world and brought comfort and joy to so many during some of the darkest days of the pandemic.
We’re thrilled to have been selected by the Captain Tom Foundation as a charity partner for Captain Tom 100 challenge, alongside The Mix and Place2Be.
Take on a challenge around the number 100, and do it anytime and anywhere from Friday 30 April to Bank Holiday Monday 3 May. Whether it's a 100 minute danceathon, a 100 question zoom quiz, or writing an 100 word poem, it's your chance to do it your way! Captain Sir Tom's family invite you to celebrate his legacy in a special weekend of fundraising.
How can I take part?
Everyone is invited to take on a challenge around the number 100 anytime and anywhere to fundraise.
Here’s all you need to do:
- Think up your 100 challenge. It can be absolutely anything you like! You could take on the challenge on your own, or with your friends, family, school or work. We’ve got some ideas below if you’re stuck.
- Take on your 100 any time between Friday 30 April and Monday 3 May
- Set up a fundraising page through JustGiving or Virgin Money Giving by clicking on the buttons below, and then selecting 'Fundraise'. Or donate to YoungMinds by selecting 'Donate' on these pages.
- Share your 100 on social media using #CaptainTom100 and @YoungMindsUK
- If you have any questions about the challenge, please get in touch with us at [email protected].
Last year Captain Tom united the nation, giving hope when it was needed most. With your help, we can build on his legacy to see a world where all children and young people get the mental health support they need, when they need it most.
We can’t wait to see how you celebrate Captain Tom’s fundraising spirit!
Stuck on ideas for your 100?
The possibilities of what your 100 could be are endless! Here’s some of our ideas to inspire you:
- find 100 yellow items
- spend 100 minutes mindful colouring
- host a 100 question zoom quiz
- 100 minute danceathon
- challenge yourself to do 100 squats
- photograph 100 yellow things
- spend 100 minutes in nature
- spend 100 minutes doing something you love!
- sing 100 songs
- 100 basketball hoops
- 100 minute silence
- 100 keepy-uppies
- livestream for 100 minutes
- telling 100 jokes
Whatever you do, and whoever you do it with, please make sure you follow government guidelines on exercise and social distancing.
Setting up a fundraising page
Your fundraising page is a place where you can collect the money you raise from sponsors and they can give directly towards your wonderful efforts to support YoungMinds. We recommend setting it up as soon as possible so you can start sharing it with friends and family.
You can set up your page with either JustGiving or Virgin Money Giving.
We hope you’ll join the thousands of people around the world taking part in Captain Tom 100 and spread his message of hope while raising vital funds for young people's mental health.