Our Helpline will be closed all day on Friday 2nd October. We will resume normal opening hours on Monday 5th Oct.
Our normal opening hours are 9.30am - 4pm, Monday - Friday (excluding bank holidays).
Call our Parents Helpline for detailed advice, emotional support and signposting about a child or young person up to the age of 25.
Call us for free on 0808 802 5544 from 9:30am to 4pm, Monday to Friday.
- Our Parents Helpline is available in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
- You’ll get through to a trained adviser who will listen and talk through your concerns in complete confidence.
- Your adviser will help you to understand your child’s behaviour and give you practical advice on what to do next.
- If you need further help, they’ll arrange for one of our qualified mental health professionals to call you for a 50-minute telephone consultation within seven days.
- Please note, calls may be recorded for monitoring or training purposes.
- Hard of hearing or speech-impaired? Please use Typetalk or Textdirect to contact us, or use our Parents Webchat.
- If English is not your first language, we can arrange for an interpreter as a member of LanguageLine.
Parents Email Service
Email us to receive practical advice, signposts to places where you can find help and resources providing more detailed information.
Email at any time via our online contact form.
- You can use this service at any time.
- We will endeavour to reply to your email within three working days.
- The resources we send are written by helpline experts, and feature practical advice and strategies that you can implement. Please make sure you take the time to read any resources selected for you.
Please note that our email service is unable to provide:
- Specific clinical advice around managing your child's symptoms and behaviour, or a diagnosis.
- A listening or counselling service.
- Guidance around specific local support services, as we are a national service.
We are also not a crisis service
Our Parents Webchat service provides signposting to help parents and carers find the information they are looking for with regards to their child's mental health.
Click on the image below to open the live webchat.
Once you are connected to the webchat, a webchat adviser will direct you to information on our website or signpost you to other organisations that can offer further support. The conversation will last around ten minutes.
Please note that the webchat service is unable to provide:
- practical advice on managing your child's symptoms or behaviour
- emotional support or a listening service
We are also not a crisis service.
If you require more in-depth advice or support, we encourage you to contact our helpline by phone on 0808 802 5544.
If you are deaf or speech-impaired, we offer our Parents Webchat as an alternative to the Parents Helpline.
Using our Parents Helpline services
Friendly and Confidential
- We know it’s difficult to call the first time – but don’t worry. Your conversation with us will remain confidential unless we suspect that a child, young person or vulnerable adult may be experiencing, or is at risk of experiencing harm.
- Rest assured, if we need to share any information with anyone outside of YoungMinds, we will inform you first, unless there is immediate risk to life that requires very quick action. More information about our Safeguarding Policy can be found here.
- We will keep a record of your call on a secure and confidential database and this will help if you need to call us again.
Accessibility and languages
- Hard of hearing or speech-impaired? Please use Typetalk or Textdirect to contact us on the Parents Helpline, or use our Parents Webchat.
- Language issues? If English is not your first language, we can arrange for an interpreter as a member of LanguageLine.
Support Our Work
YoungMinds exists so that young people have the strongest possible voice in improving their mental health. We need your help to make sure that voice is heard.