Parents Helpline remains open
During the coronavirus pandemic, the Parents Helpline remains open at our usual operating hours of Mon-Fri from 9.30am to 4pm.
Our email service also remains open and can be used at any time.
Our Parents Helpline is available to offer advice to parents and carers worried about a child or young person under 25.
You may have questions about a child’s behaviour, emotional wellbeing, or mental health condition. You may have a child who’s already been admitted to CAMHS and have questions about their treatment or want to know what to say to your GP when you visit them.
Our trained advisers are here to give you help and advice, whatever the question.
Call the Parents Helpline on 0808 802 5544
Call us for free Mon-Fri from 9.30am to 4pm – available in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
Calls may be recorded for monitoring or training purposes.
Parents Helpline Email Service
At any time, you can also contact the Parents Helpline via our online contact form. We will endeavour to reply to emails received within three working days. If you are in need of urgent help, these contacts can help you.
What happens when you call the Parents Helpline?
- You’ll get through to a trained adviser who will talk through the problem and listen to your concerns and questions in complete confidence.
- Your adviser will help you to understand your child’s behaviour and give you practical advice on where to go next.
- If you need further help, they’ll refer you to one of our specialists whether it's a psychotherapist, psychiatrist, psychologist or mental health nurse. They’ll arrange a phone consultation within 7 days.
Friendly and Confidential
We know it’s difficult to call the first time – but don’t worry. Your conversation with us will remain confidential unless we suspect that a child, young person or vulnerable adult may be experiencing, or is at risk of experiencing harm.
Rest assured, if we need to share any information with anyone outside of YoungMinds, we will inform you first, unless there is immediate risk to life that requires very quick action.
We will keep a record of your call on a secure and confidential database and this will help if you need to call us again.
Accessibility and languages
- Hard of hearing or speech-impaired? Please use Typetalk or Textdirect to contact us.
- Language issues? If English is not your first language, we can arrange for an interpreter as a member of LanguageLine.
Under 25? Where to go for help
The Parents Helpline is there to support parents, carers and those working with children and young people. If you’re a young person worried about yourself or have questions about your own treatment, there’s plenty of help available.
If you're a young person experiencing a mental health crisis, you can text the YoungMinds Crisis Messenger for free 24/7 support across the UK.
- If you need urgent help text YM to 85258
- All texts are answered by trained volunteers, with support from experienced clinical supervisors
- Texts are free from EE, O2, Vodafone, 3, Virgin Mobile, BT Mobile, GiffGaff, Tesco Mobile and Telecom Plus.
The Goldsmiths' Company Charity is a supporting partner.
Support Our Work
YoungMinds exists so that young people have the strongest possible voice in improving their mental health. We need your help to make sure that voice is heard.