About the course
- This introductory course will give you an overview of participation and will help you identify opportunities to involve young people within services.
- This online workshop is delivered via Zoom, and is an interactive and collaborative experience. With two trainer consultants available in each workshop, we can effectively facilitate discussion and provide a safe learning space for you to feel empowered to make a difference for children and young people.
- When you register onto the course, you will be sent confirmation and joining instructions via email.
What you'll learn
During the course you will learn:
- key terms and definitions associated with participation
- levels and areas of participation
- benefits of participation for different stakeholders
During the course we will:
- map benefits of involving children and young people, parents and carers, services and systems
- identify opportunities for developing participation to improve experiences
- make an individual commitment to improving participation
Why take the course?
- Offering genuine opportunities for children and young people to participate in mental health services can help young people recognise that their views matter and can aid their recovery.
- This course will help you better understand participation and identify the opportunities for young people to have their say within services.