About the course
- This introductory course will help you to develop and practise new skills that will enable you to better support the young people you work with.
- This online workshop is delivered via Zoom and is an interactive and collaborative experience. With two trainer consultants available in each workshop, we can effectively facilitate discussion and provide a safe learning space for you to feel empowered to make a difference for children and young people.
- When you register onto the course, you will be sent confirmation and joining instructions via email.
What you'll learn
During the course we’ll:
- develop a shared understanding of adolescent mental health
- identify how the experience of adolescence can impact young people’s mental health
- consider how trusted adults can support adolescent wellbeing and feel confident talking about mental health
- recognise the importance of looking after our own wellbeing
Why take the course?
- COVID-19 has had a devastating impact on adolescent mental health. According to our survey, school disruption, a lack of social contact with peers and concerns around their own and their families’ health were factors that contributed to 80% of young people reporting that their mental health had got worse.
- This course will help you better understand the mental health of the adolescents you work with and will give you the confidence to respond in a way that’s best for them.