About Amplified Events
- All events are free to professionals working in the children and young people’s mental health system.
- Registration is through the Digital Participation Network. To sign up you are required to enter your organisation and role. Registration links for webinars and events are sent monthly.
- You can only book one place per event. To sign up to events your colleagues will need to register with the network individually.
- Places at events are limited. To support the programme in achieving its outcomes, places are prioritised on the basis of relevance e.g. places at commissioner events are prioritised for commissioners.
If you have any enquiries about events or would like to register for an event and have not received registration information please contact Katie Pepper: [email protected]
We will continue to announce upcoming events in the 2018 calendar as they are confirmed. Please check back here for more details.
Seminar: Student Voice and Pupil Participation in Student Wellbeing
Date: Friday 22nd June (Manchester)
Time: 9.30am - 12.30pm
Format: Morning Seminar (venues tbc.)
This interactive seminar is for any professional working within a secondary level school, academy, college, or alternative provision setting, looking to develop student participation or student voice as part of improving student wellbeing and mental health.
We will focus on the relationship between student participation and positive outcomes for young people, providing practical approaches and resources for schools.
By the end of this seminar you will have:
- A clear understanding of the role of student voice/ participation in creating a culture of active citizenship and promoting confident, self-assured learners
- Different methods of developing student voice/ participation in your school, and tools to implement them
- A clear understanding of the challenges when developing pupil participation, and ways to address them effectively
- Support to measure the impact of student voice/ participation on student attendance, behaviour, progress wellbeing and resilience
- Support to target and involve the most vulnerable young people in student voice/ participation opportunities
The seminar will be delivered by: Amplified Trainers, Youth and Parent Advisors with a broad range of schools-based experience. The seminar will provide a mix of information, expert input, resources and tools and will include good practice examples shared by other schools.
Who will this session be relevant to? Any professional working within a secondary school or alternative educational setting with a responsibility or interest in developing student participation, inc. middle leaders, SENCOs, Pastoral Leads and Teachers