Training by YoungMinds
We run a variety of training courses to help you to improve mental health for children and young people in the UK.
Training by YoungMinds
If you’re a professional working with children and young people, our training courses can help.
Our practical and interactive training courses give you the relevant skills, knowledge and confidence to deal with challenges and deliver the mental health support that’s needed.
We run courses on a variety of topics including:
For a full list of training topics, visit our training courses page.
Our training approach
Because each year we deliver training to over 10,000 professionals, as well as setting the national agenda on children’s mental health, our courses are designed to reflect what’s really happening in your professional life.
Our courses provide you with everything you need to know on crucial topics like resilience, self-harm and the transition to adulthood. All courses are delivered by expert trainers who understand how to help you best support the young people and families you work with.
Each course delivers exactly what you need:
- Our courses draw on the insights from the thousands of children and young people, families and professionals that we work with every year.
- We value discussion and collaboration and run courses in a relaxed and supportive environment so you can build confidence in your new skills and reflect on your development.
- We keep things practical and lively by sharing experiences, giving practical tips and advice, sharing good practice, and exploring ideas through discussion and group work.
- We bring professionals from different disciplines together in one place to share knowledge and learn about young people’s mental health in different settings.
- We work with individual organisations to create bespoke training programmes based on their particular needs, ensuring that everyone’s learning objectives are met.
Training courses: pricing and information
Our training courses are open to individuals and groups, and held at a YoungMinds location on specific dates throughout the year.
Duration: One day 10- 4pm.
Price: £195 + VAT (£234 including VAT)
The price includes lunch and refreshments, a training pack with useful resources, end of course evaluation and a certificate of attendance.
Bespoke in-house training: pricing and information
Our bespoke in-house training is delivered at your organisation and can be tailored to your needs.
Duration: Full day (flexible, but usually 10 – 4pm) or half day (3 hours)
Price: Full day - £1250 + VAT, half day - £650 + VAT
Maximum participants: 20
Prices for bespoke in-house training include up to £150 of expenses, course preparation, training packs with useful resources for participants, end of course evaluations and certificates of attendance (if required).
We also provide keynote speeches to large audiences for a maximum of 1 hour, for the cost of £400 + VAT.
To book one of our keynote speakers get in touch to discuss your needs with the team.