What you'll learn
This course will give you the knowledge and understanding of adolescent mental health and wellbeing to support young people through their teenage years.
During the course you’ll:
- Understand theories of teenagers’ cognitive, emotional and social development, including attachment theory
- Explore insights into neuroscience and brain development theories
- Learn why teens display risk-taking behaviour
- Develop an understanding of emotional issues adolescents may face
- Learn how to help adolescents build resilience and find coping strategies
- Explore practical tools to try out with teenagers
Why take this course?
The teenage years are recognised as a difficult and turbulent time for young people and the people who care for and work with them.
We provide a solid understanding of teenage mental health and wellbeing issues, and a ‘toolkit’ of strategies for helping you to help young people.
Our course will equip you to give meaningful support to teenagers and young people during this tricky, transitional time.