What you'll learn
This course helps you understand bullying and explores strategies for preventing it.
By the end of the course, you’ll:
- be able to identify different types of bullying
- understand the impact of bullying on children's mental health
- identify risk factors that make children vulnerable to bullying
- be ready to use a range of interventions to support an anti-bullying culture
- understand how bullying and mental health interrelate and contribute to each other
- be able to draw on a range of bullying case studies that cover racism, hate crime and homophobia
Why take this course?
46% of children aged 10-15 said they'd been bullied at some point, according to a recent survey. If you're a professional working with children, it's essential to understand bullying and its links with mental illness so you can support the children you care for and work towards an anti-bullying culture.