Why we're campaigning
On average, 3 children in every school class have a diagnosable mental health condition and the number of children and young people arriving at A&E with a psychiatric condition has more than doubled since 2010.
There is a mental health crisis among young people.
We’re calling on all political parties to commit to improving services and promoting good mental health.
Our manifesto provides 5 recommendations for the new government on how to improve children and young people’s mental health.
We’re making recommendations to the new Government, calling on them to:
- Invest in additional and sustained funding for Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS).
- Rebalance the education system to prioritise emotional wellbeing and mental health.
- Strengthen and enforce rights for children in mental health hospitals.
- Require that all children’s services understand the impact of childhood trauma on young people’s mental health.
- Give young people an equal say on the mental health care and services they receive.
How to get involved
You can show your support by :
- Sharing our manifesto on social media using #GE2017 and tagging @YoungMindsUK
- Donating to YoungMinds to help support the work we do. See how to donate to YoungMinds
Find out more
To explore the issues and our recommendations in more detail, download our manifesto.