Why we're campaigning
There has been huge progress made to tackle stigma surrounding mental health in recent decades, but it is still largely characterised by negative associations, experience and language.
Too often, people feel afraid to admit that they are struggling with their mental health.
This fear of prejudice and judgment stops people from getting help and can destroy families and end lives. Heads Together wants to help people feel much more comfortable with their everyday mental wellbeing and have the practical tools to support their friends and family.
Heads Together - the 2017 Virgin Money London Marathon charity partner – is being led by the Royal Foundation and brings together 8 charities to work alongside the royals to change the conversation when it comes to mental health in the UK.
The charity partners involved are:
- Best Beginnings
- CALM – The Campaign Against Living Miserably
- Contact (a military mental health coalition)
- Anna Freud National Centre for Children and Families
The campaign is all about starting a conversation and encouraging people to help shed the. Heads Together will help by raising vital funds for the 8 charity partners to continue the great work they’re doing to tackle the stigma around mental health.
Here are some of the things we’re doing:
- Encouraging celebrities to lead the way and talk about their mental health to help assure people there are others out there with mental health problems and that talking about them helps
- Raising awareness about mental health issues – as a collaboration we are stronger and as the Virgin Money London Marathon 2017 sponsor we have a fantastic opportunity to showcase the problem
How to get involved
1. Start the conversation on social media:
2. Watch and share the films on the Heads Together YouTube channel
3. Support our London Marathon runners
Find out more
Visit the Heads Together website.