What you'll learn
Build your understanding around the impact of trauma and learn practical approaches to help manage the effects of toxic stress.
By the end of the course, you'll:
- Develop system-wide strategies to support children and young people
- Learn the impact of early life experiences on the emotional and mental wellbeing of children
- Understand the importance of relationships and resilience building
- Learn how to reduce risk of re-traumatisation
- Learn the importance of staff wellbeing and resilience
Why take the course?
1 in 3 adult mental health conditions relate directly to adverse childhood experiences. It's vital that we understand the impact that adversity and trauma can have on the mental health and wellbeing of young people.
We will explore resilience based options that can support trauma informed practice and help children and young people cope with stress and adversity.