Update: Regarding training and Covid-19
In line with Government guidance, we are extending our pause on face to face delivery of services until September. You can still register interest in our training and consultancy work here. We are keeping our booking system open for future dates from September and will continue to review the situation and contact you with course details going forward. We will be reviewing our plans regularly in line with Government guidance and will get in touch with you as soon as our training and consultancy services can resume. Please refer to our terms and conditions for more information.
What you'll learn
This introductory course will improve your knowledge of participation and help you understand how it applies to young people in the mental health system.
By the end of the course, you’ll:
- Understand key terms and definitions associated with participation
- Understand the different levels and dimensions of participation
- Know the benefits of participation for different stakeholders
- Understand the benefits of participation for young people, parents and carers and the mental health system
- Identify opportunities for developing participation to improve experience
- Make an individual commitment to improving participation in your workplace
Why take the course?
Offering genuine opportunities for children and young people to have their say in the care and treatment they receive, and participate in the design of mental health services, can ensure they reflect young people’s needs and have a stronger impact.
Meaningful participation also helps young people understand that their views matter, which is known to aid their recovery.