About the course
- This foundation level course will enable you to use trauma-informed approaches to support children and young people impacted by adverse childhood experiences and trauma.
- This online workshop is delivered via Zoom, and is an interactive and collaborative experience. With two trainer consultants available in each workshop, we can effectively facilitate discussion and provide a safe learning space for you to feel empowered to make a difference for children and young people.
- When you register onto the course, you will be sent confirmation and joining instructions via email.
What you'll learn
During the course we'll:
- develop a shared understanding of trauma and adverse childhood experiences
- develop an understanding of risk and protective factors that impact children and young people
- consider how children and young people respond to adversity and trauma
- explore ways of responding to children and young people’s trauma as a trusted adult
- identify our own support systems
Why take the course?
- Many young people will have experienced trauma, directly due to COVID-19. The adults in young people’s lives are critical in helping them cope when they’re struggling, so it’s vital to understand how to support those who have experienced trauma.
- This course will enable you to develop trauma-informed approaches to help children and young people cope with stress and adversity and feel better equipped to support their mental health and wellbeing.