Online workshop: Introduction to Children and Young People’s Mental Health
This interactive online workshop will help you understand mental health and learn practical ways of working with children experiencing distress.
About the course
- This foundation level course will help you to develop and practise new skills, reflect and build upon current practice, and will enable you to better support the children and young people you work with.
- This online workshop is delivered via Zoom, and is an interactive and collaborative experience. With two trainer consultants available in each workshop, we can effectively facilitate discussion and provide a safe learning space for you to feel empowered to make a difference for children and young people.
- When you register onto the course, you will be sent confirmation and joining instructions via email.
What you'll learn
During the course we'll:
- develop a shared understanding of mental health
- develop an understanding of the risk and protective factors that impact children and young people
- consider how trusted adults can support children and young people’s mental health
- explore ways to promote positive mental health within our settings
- recognise the importance of looking after our own wellbeing
Why take the course?
- This year has had a devastating impact on children and young people’s mental health. According to our recent survey of over 2,000 young people, 80% said that their mental health had got worse as a result of the pandemic. The adults around young people can play a huge part in supporting their mental health and stopping their needs escalating further.
- This course will help you better understand the mental health of the young people you work with and will give you the confidence to respond in a way that’s best for them.