About the course
- This introductory course explores how marginalisation and barriers can affect young people and their experience of mental health services, and how participation can help to improve both.
- This online workshop is delivered via Zoom, and is an interactive and collaborative experience. With two trainer consultants available in each workshop, we can effectively facilitate discussion and provide a safe learning space for you to feel empowered to make a difference for children and young people.
- When you register onto the course, you will be sent confirmation and joining instructions via email.
What you'll learn
During the course we’ll:
- identify specific barriers that some children and young people face and how this impacts on their experience of and access to services
- understand what stops mental health professionals, services and systems from reaching some young people
- explore different approaches to engaging children and young people who face marginalisation and share a case study of successful participation
Why take the course?
- Some young people are more at risk of experiencing health problems, and less likely to be able to access the health support they need because of the barriers they face.
- This course will help you understand how participation can help overcome barriers and reduce mental health inequalities within services.