What you'll learn
This course is designed to help you promote positive mental health in early years education and help parents and carers provide the psychological support they need as they grow.
By the end of the course, you’ll:
- Be able to identify children experiencing or at risk of experiencing mental health problems
- Know the risk factors for children in early years
- Understand strategies to build resilience in young children
- Learn about attachment and brain development in infants and young children
- Be able to apply early intervention strategies to apply in your workplace
Why take this course?
Mental health problems can start in early years, even if they don’t present any symptoms. The environment children grow up in and their ability to handle the pressures and stresses of growing up – i.e. resilience – all play an important part in preventing problem developing as they grow up.
If you’re working with young children, you’ll come away with plenty of resources to help you shape their future and start them on a good foundation.