What you’ll learn
This one-day course helps you understand why resilience matters and how to promote it in the children and families you work with.
By the end of it, you’ll:
- understand what resilience is and the theories underpinning it
- be able to lead constructive self talk (talking to yourself positively rather than negatively)
- be able to help children and their families develop emotional literacy
- learn new problem-solving techniques
- explore and co-create new ways of working with children and families
Why take the course?
Being able to cope and bounce-back, despite experiencing traumatic events, is at the heart of resilience.
Regardless of their past environment, resilient children have as much potential as anyone else - possibly even more so as they’re equipped to deal with whatever the future brings them.