What you'll learn
You will explore ways of helping children and young people understand and manage their angry feelings, whilst building your knowledge and confidence.
By the end of the course, you’ll:
- Learn practical strategies to support children and young people
- Know how to respond to angry and aggressive behaviours
- Understand the importance of resilience building
- Understand the impact of early life experiences on the emotional and mental wellbeing of children
- Learn about the relationship between adversity and anger
Why take the course?
While having some angry feelings is normal at all ages, some children and young people struggle more than others to be aware of these feelings and manage their emotions.
Angry feelings and aggressive behaviour can be very hard to deal with and can have a big effect on family, school and social life while uncontrolled anger can be harmful to our overall wellbeing.
This course will enable you to understand the underlying causes of anger, the relationship between adversity and anger and the behaviours associated with anger. You will also learn ways of helping children and young people dealing with angry feelings.
This course is for professionals who want to learn resilience based strategies to support the children, young people and families they work with.
We will use a mix of presentations, videos, discussions and case studies to help you learn.