This November, YoungMinds is taking part in the Children’s Commissioner’s Takeover Challenge.
The Children's Commissioner's Takeover Challenge is an exciting project in which organisations across England give young people the opportunity to take on adult roles. This puts young people - like you - in the position to make decisions and have your voices heard.
A Day Not to Be Missed
Bea, a YoungMinds Activist who previously participated in Takeover Day, said:
Participating in the YoungMinds Takeover Day was such an exciting and eye-opening day to understand the set up and work of campaigning, meet new people and use my voice."
"It was so wonderful to have the experience of spending a day in an office, and utilising different skills (such as advertising what we were doing over social media - an experience that has helped me get an internship). The experience of meeting other people, learning new things, and having your voice heard is one not to be missed."
I left the Takeover Day more enthused than ever about championing improved mental health for young people."
This year, we’re looking for five young people aged 14-25 to join us in the office for the day on November 18th 2016, and take over some of our current projects. This will give you the chance to see the important work goes on behind the scenes of a national youth mental health charity, and get stuck in to some new creative missions.
If you’d like to get involved, please send an email with ‘Takeover Day 2016’ in the subject line to email@example.com and answer the following questions:
- What’s your interest in mental health?
- Why are you interested in learning about YoungMinds’ work?
- What part of YoungMinds’ work are you particularly interested in learning about/getting involved with?
Please also include these personal details in your application email:
- Your name
- Your age and date of birth
- Details of a parent or carer (if you’re under 18)
- What part of the country you live in
- How you would get to our London Bridge office on the day, and whether you need your trains booked for you (travel costs will be covered by us)
- Any dietary requirements you have (lunch and snacks will be provided)
Deadline for applications: 12pm Friday 4th November 2016
If you have any questions, you can speak to our lovely Youth Engagement Co-ordinator, Alice on 020 3861 2105 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
We can’t wait to hear from you!